EPDM compounds are used frequently to seal in brake systems, and for sealing hot water and steam. EPDM compounds have good resistance to mild acids, detergents, alkalis, silicone oils and greases, ketones, and alcohols. They are not recommended for applications with petroleum oils, mineral oil, di-ester lubricants, or fuel exposure. EPDM has excellent ozone and chemical resistance properties and is compatible with many polar fluids.
Low -51° C
High 149° C
40 to 90 Shore A
- Excellent weathering resistance
- Excellent resistance to oxidation, heat and ozone
- Excellent acid, base and water resistance
- Good dielectrics
- Poor abrasion resistance
- Poor hydrocarbon resistance
- Poor flame resistance
- Roofing membranes, windshield wiper blades, wire, cable and bladders, Seals and Gaskets.