FFKM Material Data Sheet
FFKM perfluoroelastomers show ultimate performance among all elastomers. They are resistant to nearly every chemical class with some grades offering heat resistance over 300°C, this makes FFKM the material of choice for high demanding sealing applications.
provide broad-spectrum chemical resistance, withstanding acids, ethers, aromatics and other aggressive media. A long service life extends MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), and exceptional compression set affords a wide operating band. In addition, service temperature ranges from -40°F to 600°F (-40°C to 315°C).
2. Service Temperature:
Low Temperature : -30°C
High Temperature : 300°C
3. Application Advantages:
- Excellent heat resistance
- Resistance to almost every chemical class
- Excellent outgassing performance in vacuum environments
- Mechanical properties are relatively poor
- consideration advised for thermal expansion
The handy carrying case with O-rings is ideally suited for
repairs, assembly jobs and workshops, and finally puts an
end to the search for the right O-ring.
Parker offers it in various versions: with O-rings in selected imperial and metric standard dimensions and
appropriate materials or with customised content. Compact, well arranged and always within reach,
the kit provides the appropriate materials for quick use.
Products to assist O-ring users include assembly greases and lubricants, sizing cones and extraction tools.
- Avoid low-molecular-weight, fully halogenated fluids and molten alkali metals.
- Strong oxidizing acids may causesome swelling
- Helium permeability is slightly higher than fluoroelastomer compounds
- Extreme high cost.
All areas where extreme critical application is required.
6. Application :
Typically used a O-rings and components for long-term reliability in extreme environment.